Spring break in Northern New Hampshire is where it’s at this year! Now that we are a year-round Polaris outfitter in Pittsburg, we can offer adventures to our guests like never before.
Pack up the family and head to our neck of the woods where you can ride a brand new Polaris Indy snowmobile across 1,000+ miles of trails. While on your journey, you will see Garfield Falls, a 60-foot, three-tiered waterfall, Canadian Gray Jays that will eat treats directly from your hand, Diamond Ridge, picturesque views from Sugar Hill and more! For more details on New Hampshire snowmobile rentals and tours offered, check out Bear Rock Adventures snowmobile offerings.
Bear Rock Adventures is here to help create lasting memories that you and your family will remember for years to come. Whether you’re a snowmobile beginner or if you’ve been doing it for years, we have a tour (and trail) for you.
Here are some tips on how to prepare for your Pittsburg NH snowmobile rentals Spring Break adventure so you can hit the powder and get to exploring.
- Snowmobiling Best Practices – Our guides are experts with the machines and will tell you everything you need know in order to have a safe, enjoyable ride before you head out on the trails. One thing to remember is to ride within your skill level and to respect the power of the machine. Don’t be afraid to use the throttle when you need it but be sure to go at a speed that is comfortable for you. There are novice and seasoned riders on the trail, so don’t try to keep up with the hot shots if you’re still getting the hang of riding. An important note, the trails you ride on have two-way traffic, so stay tight on the corners and respect other riders. Keep in mind, it can be difficult to see ice under the snow, so be careful and don’t cross any lakes unless you are approved to do so. Our last and most important tip for you is to HAVE FUN and enjoy the fresh snow on your New Hampshire snowmobile rentals! Please review our rental policies for information on age
- Check the Forecast – A typical day this time of year in Pittsburg, New Hampshire is snowy and 25 degrees. We welcome about 27 inches of snowfall which keeps everything looking fresh and beautiful. We all know whether can have a mind of its own, so we recommend checking the forecast before you head to our neck of the woods. This will help you pack what you need and prepare you for your New Hampshire snowmobile rentals and the white wonderland you’re about to visit!
- It’s all About the Gear – A word to the wise, layers are your best friend when it comes to snowmobiling in New Hampshire. Ski wear and snowmobile attire are two different things and we are here to tell you exactly what you need to stay warm while out on the trails:
- Warm layers of moisture wicking, waterproof/water resistant clothing
- Thermal underwear
- Snow pants
- Winter Jacket
- Winter Boots
- Balaclava (no, not the delicious Greek pastry. Trust us, you’ll for sure want one of these). It is a close-fitting garment that fits over your head and neck to keep your face protected in cold weather.
- Don’t have the gear and not willing to buy it? You’re in luck! We offer gear, jackets, bibs, boots and leather gloves at our Adventure store.
In short, you will want to bring as many warm layers as you can. It’s always better to pack more than you need and take layers off throughout the day than to not have enough. We also recommend bringing some light snacks, a water bottle, face tissues, and your phone or camera to take photos of the amazing views you will be exposed to along the way.
Sleep, Eat and Enjoy – When planning your family adventure vacation, be sure to check out Bear Rock Lodge.
The historic Bear Rock Lodge welcomes you and your group to stay comfortably, nestled close to all the fun. The lodge has been a staple in the local community since it was originally built in 1986. Locals Ron and Nicky Clermont first opened the doors on July 16, 1986, as Nicky’s Country Kitchen serving all-American delights. During the 2000’s it was Tracy’s Hillside Grille as well as the office for Buck Rub Lodge & Pub for a while. Finally, Bear Rock Adventures purchased the space and completely transformed it. Today, it serves as a cozy spot for Bear Rock Adventure guests to gather in comfort. It was always the vision of our founders to create memorable experiences plus stay options so guests could have a home base as they explored the great outdoors.
Located in Pittsburg, N.H., the Bear Rock Lodge is well-suited for large groups of guests. With the capacity to sleep 10 people (minimum of two), the Lodge is ultra-popular with large families, groups of friends, and other folks who don’t mind sharing a roof. The Lodge features four bedrooms with DirectTV in every room, free Wi-Fi, a full kitchen with all the amenities, and ample parking out front to fit every rental machine you could want…plus the car you drove in on.
What’s nearby the Lodge? Well, for starters, the Buck Rub Pub is literally next door and there’s a good reason why we all refer to it as Pittsburg’s year-round base camp. There, you’ll find vibrant local culture, fun for the whole family, fantastic food, and a full bar.
The Bear Rock Lodge also features immediate trail access. That means you can walk out the front door with your morning coffee, hop on a machine and go. And if you have any questions, challenges, or need to scoop up some gear, the Bear Rock Adventures headquarters (including our Outdoor Adventure Store) is two miles down the road.
Put a new, fun twist on your Spring Break adventure this year. All you have to do is book your adventure and we will take care of the rest. Reminder: Season ends in March so book your tour today!